I don't know what I'm trying to prove with this whole post-every-day-for-a-month thing. Oh, yeah. That I can FINISH SOMETHING. Blah blah blah. I should have challenged myself in February.
1. I'm having trouble sleeping. There, I admit it. I sleep too much, or not enough. I can't fall asleep or stay asleep. It doesn't help that I stay up late reading and wake to the fucking coffee grinder too early. I have bags under my eyes. Bags. Under my eyes. Making me look older than I am. Not cool.
2. A couple days ago I forgot my own age. I couldn't remember if I was 28 or 29. I had to USE MY FINGERS and count it out. And, still, 29 didn't sound right. Probably 'cause IT WASN'T. Today, a friend showed me how to COUNT CORRECTLY and, whew, I'm only 28. Thank goodness.
3. THE DOG LIKES HER WATER BOWL. (Fist pump.)
4. The bearings on my car are shot. I don't know what that means, but apparently that's why my car has been vibrating and making about as much noise as an 18-wheeler. I think this means I'm about to learn something new.
5. When I was younger, my dad used to make us play the What's New game. We'd all sit down for dinner and we'd each take a turn sharing something new. There was only one rule: it didn't count if anyone at the table had already heard it.
Some friends and I have been making a habit of going out to dinner. It's our new thing. We take turns picking new restaurants. We eat too much, laugh a lot. It's seriously great. Last Thursday, I made them play the What's New game. It was the best way I could think of to get those of us that work together to stop talking about it. Total success.
So, peeps, what's new?
That game was a lot of fun. Well, it was fun to know what was new with you guys, because I realized that there is never anything new with me.Lolz. It's also an awesome way to not talk about work! God it's almost impossible not to! :)ReplyDelete