Friday, March 4, 2011

One of those days.

Written earlier this afternoon...

I love this day. It kind of took me by surprise. It's warm, the sun shining. I'm sitting on the patio at Starbucks with a perfectly made latte to my right. I’m wearing my favorite jeans. The ones that somehow manage to have a (much needed) slimming effect while not crushing my internal organs at the same time. I am, in a word, comfortable. I’m not obsessing over anything or struggling to make (or accept) a decision. I’m not even tweaking over the appearance of my blog. (Can I get a hallelujah?) Maybe if I sit here much longer, I’ll have a need for the sweatshirt I brought along, but right now I’m enjoying the sun and the breeze and the amazing southern California weather that is responsible for our sky high house prices and congested freeways. Only adding to the perfect is the fact that someone chose to put Mumford & Sons on the sound system. I have a real thing for them lately. (I did mention how attractive I find Marcus Mumford, right? Just checking.) I wouldn’t go so far as to say I feel peaceful, but it’s the closest I’ve felt in a long time. Maybe this beautiful day, this sense of almost peace, is a sign that normal isn't too far off.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE those days...when all the pieces fall into place and you let it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you hear it coming?Ya know you can. LIFE IS GOOOOOOOD BAAAAAABY!

    ReplyDelete