Friday, June 19, 2009

The ducks.

The Husband and I walked to Starbucks the other day. My camera sat, neglected, on a chair beside the door and we both looked down at it as we slipped into our shoes.

"Do you want to bring your camera?" he asked.

I sighed. "No," I said, "I don't. I just don't want to touch it today."

"But what about your photo project?"

To which I cursed vehemently and declared, "I quit that stupid project! I just don't want to take a picture every. single. day."

And then I stormed out of the house never to be heard from again.

No, not really.

We left, sans camera, and began the walk down the long driveway that led out of our apartments.

Of course, as soon as we stepped outside the gate, The Husband froze.

"Honey, look."



A family of ducks. Just walking waddling down the drive. And underneath the gate.



I think they were looking for the pool.









I love baby ducks. Well, I love anything mini. Especially those little mini bottles of booze. So cute!



In case you were wondering, I did sprint back to the apartment for my camera. Cursing the whole way. And I got a cramp, thank you very much.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! So worth the sprint! I LOVE ducklings! Though I can't say I've ever seen that in a city on cement before. I've definitely missed out....

    ReplyDelete