Saturday, October 11, 2008

Nutritious and delicious.

I'm embarrassed (or not) to admit I'm eating chocolate-covered Rice Krispie Treats for breakfast on this windy Saturday morning. Last night I somehow talked the Husband into going to Disneyland. Seriously, I'm still not sure how I managed this incredible feat as he loathes doesn't entirely care for the place. I know, who is this monster?!

The Husband and I have had annual passes since we moved back to the OC four years ago. Last year, he used his annual pass twice. Once on the day we purchased them and again on the day it expired and, even then, I had to serve him with divorce papers to convince him it was in his best interest to go.

It's not that he hates Disneyland, it's that he hates the crowds and he only seems to go when the park is busting at the seams. So, this past September, when it came time to renew, I came home with a brand-spankin'-new pass and the Husband... did not. But don't fret. We got J one for her birthday so at least I still have someone to go with. (Except, we had plans to go the past two Fridays and she cancelled on me both times. Typical 14-year-old.)

As soon as we got within a mile of the park last night, we knew it was going to be crowded. Just getting into the parking lot was madness. Walking through Downtown Disney was utter chaos. I'd like to think it was my charming personality that kept the Husband in good spirits as we waded our way to the Haunted Mansion. This was really the only ride we both wanted to go on since it's currently all decked out for the holidays.

The line was an hour long, which is crazy since I've never seen the line for this particular ride longer than thirteen minutes. We waited, knowing that the wait for any other ride would be just as long, if not longer, and had a good time plotting all the ways we could kill the woman behind us who had no control over the kid who kicked me no less than twenty-four times.

An hour later and finally outside again, we realized the fireworks show had started which meant, in about five minutes, the masses would begin crowding the exits and it would take two hours to walk twenty feet.

We made a run for it. In Downtown Disney, I made a quick trip inside my favorite candy shop to buy jelly beans (they have an enormous display of Jelly Bellys) and a Milk Chocolate Krispie (a.k.a. breakfast). I was standing in line (again) when the Husband said, "Look, pumpkin pie fudge."

Why does he do this to me?! Five minutes later, I left with the Jelly Bellys, the Treat, and a square of pumpkin pie fudge. Pumpkin pie... it's my weakness.

Then, because I'm an incredible wife, we went to ESPN Zone, conveniently located within Downtown Disney, where the Husband was able to wash the bad taste of a crowded Disneyland out of his mouth with an enormous Newcastle and a serving of sports highlights on the eight million TV screens we found ourselves surrounded with.

No comments:

Post a Comment