Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Matchy matchy book covers

Have you ever noticed matching book covers? I was in Walmart one night and stopped to pick up a book that I thought I had read before. (Why was I picking up a book I'd already read? Because I loved it so much I just wanted to hold it in my hands and look at it and maybe sniff it a little.) Turned out it wasn't my book at all but a completely different one with THE EXACT SAME COVER.

Ever since then, I notice this phenomenon all the time.

This is the cover of Onyx (which my BFF calls "alien twilight"):

Onyx

And this is the cover of Significance:

Significance

YOU SEE WHAT'S GOING ON HERE, RIGHT?

Onyx + Significance

These authors. They think they're so clever.

1 comment:

  1. Ya know.
    I wonder if it's not so much a case of the authors as the publisher, or more likely, the self-publisher. I'm just starting to work with the folks over at CreateSpace and seeing this makes me wonder if some self-publishing graphic designers have limited graphic designs?
    Hmmm.
    I don't think that cover would work for my book.

    ReplyDelete