Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Miscellaneous. The Christmas Eve Eve and I'm a bit stressed edition.

Two weeks ago, I ordered The Husband's Christmas present online. It included a free gift. Two hours after I clicked "submit order," I received an e-mail saying the item was out-of-stock and I'd be notified as soon as it shipped. Two hours after that, I received another saying the item had been shipped. Today I received a box. Inside was the free gift. The item I ordered isn't due to arrive until January 5th. Awesome.

We finally got a Christmas tree yesterday. Today it's still not decorated. But I don't think I've ever seen a more perfectly proportioned tree. And it smells amazing.

Last night I found my gifts hidden under our bed. I spent the better part of an hour testing their weight and gently shaking them. Nearly all of them have me completely stumped.

The Husband refuses to see It's Complicated with me on Christmas day. Because it's a chick flick. Maybe if I threaten him with New Moon...

I saw New Moon for a third time last week. I love Edward.

I'm only halfway done shopping for Christmas dinner. Which means I have to go to the store and battle the crowds today. Which means I will need chocolate.

The Husband was violently ill two days ago. Since then, I've been going back and forth between fear of catching whatever he had and trying to convince myself that I feel GREAT! AMAZING! NEVER BETTER! 'cause they say it's all in your frame of mind. I swear, if I ralph on Christmas, I will hurt someone.

Yesterday we had a Secret Santa party at work. Apparently, my Secret Santa thought he knew best because he decided to toss out my list and get something I have absolutely no use for. Thanks, Santa.

I'm not completely 100% done with anything... decorating, shopping, wrapping, you name it. And I can't get motivated to do any of it. And I'm running out of time. And it's stressing me out. Which makes me want to sit down and just read for a while. Which just wastes more time and stresses me out even more.

Make me feel better. Tell me one specific thing that you are most looking forward to on December 25th.

16 comments:

  1. Pancakes with fresh strawberries and home made whip cream. Or, the cream cheese eggs I will be making. Or, the tramp, wii fit, and the new Super Mario game for wii that the kids will be opening. Shh...don't tell them or email me or write anything on my blog about it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to finally being thru with the Zpac for this sinus infection and bbq brisket for supper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly hope you don't get sick! Not fun. Just went through it and it totally sucked.......but I lost 7 pounds........to which I will most likely gather back from sweets!I will be sitting on my arse the 25th of December.Merry Christmas Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to waking up in the same house with my mom and being able to wish her a merry Christmas in person. I'm not looking forward to going to the airport and getting on an airplane, but I will be looking forward to being at home Christmas night with my sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to hanging out with my awesome family. They are the best!!Oh, and pie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teeter, a new tramp??? Like the old one??? Dude, I wish I was there. I'd totally do a cartwheel. ;)LynneFtWorth, bbq brisket sounds so good. Maybe I should drag my husband over there for dinner. Then I wouldn't have to cook. (Okay, we all know I secretly love it. But brisket... yumm...)DVM's Wife, I really hope I don't get sick either. I was thinking of you when I came home from work and realized he had been so ill all day. He tried to say it was food poisoning, but I knew something was going around. I had the swine flu back in October, so I'm hoping I'm lucky enough that this one will just pass me by. Because both in a three month period? Not fair. (Keeping my fingers crossed.)Poindexter, I miss waking up with my brothers and sisters and mom and dad on Christmas morning. Although, I don't necessarily miss the chaos... Have a wonderful Christmas and safe travels!Debbie, is your birthday on Christmas day??? If so, I hope you get double the presents. ;) Happy Birthday! Now, tell me what exactly is "officially old." Am I anywhere near it??? Deanna, can you believe I don't have a plan for dessert yet? And (I totally shouldn't admit this) I think I'm going to buy a PRE-MADE pie. I know. Pathetic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could go with the joy of seeing my kids open their presents, etc. But! My answer is ham.Don't stress. Christmas will come and go and it will be fine, no matter how much you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. well, the kid in me says presents! but the rest of me is happy being with my family and eating ham - though my sister is making some bacon cheese dip thing that sounds yummy. Because everything is better with bacon. Did you know you can get bacon popcorn now?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking forward to it BEING OVER. I'm done now. You shouldn't stress so much. Seriously, the day will come, it will pass, and regardless of how much (or not so much) you are prepared it will pass. Everything passes with time and you will survive. Don't get gray hairs over it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seeing the excitement on my two year old's face when he sees his stocking filled with little goodies :)Another year with my family.We are healthy, have homes & jobs.And eating of course (!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seeing all my chicks, and the almost son-in-law around the dining room table.Eating all the foods that I never make the rest of the year....Onions Mornay, Cheezy Hash Browns, Mint Ice Cream Dessert.....All the laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, one just as big as the old one...and you can come up ANYTIME and use our tramp to do a cartwheel! Just remember to use the bathroom FIRST! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. well damn... i hope you don't throw up on the 25th! your story reminds of last year when at this time i had not yet read the twilight series and i asked for the first book from my secret santa. she got me a bottle of wine. i was glad when she was laid off a few weeks later. just kidding. not really. ok, fine, i really am kidding.i'm looking forward to chinese hot pot on christmas. it's basically like fondu, only better, cus it's chinese.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking forward to good food, drink, friends and family! Wishing ya'll a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just looking forward to hanging with my crew! Greatful that I have the opertunity to spend another year on this earth.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Food! Lots and lots of food. :)Here's wishing you all the joys of the season. I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete