Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Writing with nothing to say.

I haven't unpacked my camera or my laptop since I came home from Utah last Tuesday. I've been wondering, do you think there is a predetermined amount of stress for each individual that will completely alter their life's path? And I'm not trying to come off as some all important philosopher, but I just can't help but wonder if one life-altering event can come rattling through like an earthquake that, when the shaking finally stops, has completely tossed you onto a different course. Not that you even know what that course may be what with all the rubble blocking your view. I suppose the only thing to do is to start picking up the pieces, rebuild and figure it out as you go along. Stumbling through the aftershocks..

It is interesting, though, because not only does it make you wonder where you'll eventually find yourself, but it completely puts everything into perspective. What's important, what's not. And let me tell you this. As much as I enjoy my hobbies, they're not important. And stressing over them is a waste of time. I would like to stress over that which means something.

Correction. I'd like to stress not at all, but if I'm going to, it should be over something worthy. Something important. Something life-altering.

No comments:

Post a Comment