Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The most important only thing I've learned in five years.



The Husband is not a mind reader.

So, three weeks before The Anniversary, I said, "Honey, I'd like you to send me flowers. At work. On the Friday before our anniversary. Thank you."

Later, I made a slight change, which I hoped wouldn't confuse him. "Honey, I've changed my mind. I'd like you to send me a bouquet of chocolate-covered strawberries. On Friday. To my office. Thank you."

On Friday, I fretted. And so did my co-workers. They were very concerned for his safety.

But he came through for me. And, even though I had to ask, he actually TOOK ME SERIOUSLY. I married a man with the teeniest of romantic bones in his stick-thin body, but he knew it was important, made it happen and that meant the world to me.

Almost more than actually staying married to me for a whole five years.


No comments:

Post a Comment