Sunday, January 2, 2011

The "about me" post

(This post originally written on StephanieHarsh.com back when life was a lot more confusing.)

I'm getting divorced. I think. Maybe not. It's doubtful. And highly likely. Maybe. We'll see. (And that about sums that up.) I've been known to go on and on about the same boring divorce-related drivel for paragraph upon paragraph in fairly frequent "why me" blog posts. Feel free to skip those.

I use curse words. Not always, but sometimes. Often enough that I feel the need to put this little fact about me in my "about" page. I understand it offends some and puts others off. I get it. To each his own. I have found that sometimes the F word is necessary.

I work in a hotel. I rarely talk about my work, but I just celebrated my 10th anniversary. (And, by "celebrated" I mean business as usual.) In 10 years, I've quit twice and have been laid off once. My 12th anniversary will fall on 12/12/12. I might have to stay with the company for that reason alone.

I live with my mother. My bedroom has no door. It fucking sucks. (See what I mean about the F word?)

I love animals. At one point, my husband and I had three cats. Two have been lain to rest over the years, one just recently back in August. (Luke. My heart still aches for him.) The husband has custody of Mercedes.

Sometimes I take pictures. Sometimes I bake things. Sometimes I take up projects that never last. I rarely finish anything I start. (This is not something I'm proud of.)

I am obsessed with Twilight. I love Edward Cullen. I love romance novels, young adult novels, the library. Books in general. Any book that makes me cry is bound to get five stars. I am Team Edward, Team Ky, Team Adrian, Team Loki, and Team Peeta. And I have no shame in admitting it.

Re: the name
Stephanie Harsh is a play on my real name and something a co-worker came up with. It made me laugh. And the tag line? Well, I can't begin to count the number of times I've heard someone say, "When we first met, I was so afraid of you!" I'm not mean. I swear. I'm just a little... standoff-ish... until we get better acquainted. I'm also a teensy bit socially awkward. Okay, more than "a bit." Whatev.

1 comment:

  1. I have lost count of the times I have heard through the years "I thought you were such a bitch when I first met you" or "I was afraid of you when we first met". When I worked at a hotel in Denver years ago and transferred from second to the first shift, people were ready to quit because I was going to be their supervisor. And I'm not mean either but I guess I could say I'm socially awkward too...overly cautious around others....you know, just in case they turn out to be crazy. :)

    ReplyDelete