1. Children. Yes, I want one, maybe two... eventually. But right now? I'm incredibly grateful I don't have any. I break out in a sweat every time I imagine what this whole experience would be like if we'd had children. Shudder.
2. Family. My mom, my dad, my sister... none of them have the least little bit of extra space for me, but all of them have opened their homes to me, rent free. Best family ever.
3. Work. I used one of my paychecks to open a new checking account a few weeks ago. The lady helping me looked at it and exclaimed in horror, "This isn't how much you make, is it?!" Bitch. But I'm grateful for the (apparently) pitiful amount of money I make. And for the distraction work provides. And for making life still seem at least a little normal.
4. Friday. No longer just a day of the week. My mom got a puppy and she's the cutest puppy that ever lived and when she awkwardly snuggles up against me I feel like everything is fine with the world. My mom calls her their little "therapy puppy." (Picture coming soon. Maybe. Possibly. Who knows.)
5. Hershey's chocolate. Kellogg's Frosted Mini-Wheats. Laffy Taffy. Reese's Pieces. Red Vines. Amen.
6. E-mail. I haven't responded to any of them, but I am grateful for every single supportive, encouraging, how-are-you e-mail that I've received over the last few weeks. I continue to fall more and more in love with you people each and every day.
7. My super car. Sure, Toyota's been buried under a giant load of crap recently, but I love my little '04 Corolla. Especially when it gets me from Orange County to St. George on less than three quarters of a tank of gas.
8. My older sister, who, despite working and going to school and raising five kids, stayed up until two a.m. watching first Twilight and then New Moon with me.
9. And, seriously, if you've never watched the two back to back, do so immediately. It will make you worship the ground Chris Weitz walks on, because holy crap, he did such a great job on New Moon. I'm grateful for him.
10. And Stephenie Meyer. (Even though she's seriously lagging on Midnight Sun.)
11. And Edward Cullen. Naturally.