Friday, November 13, 2009

Miscellaneous.

I was recently involved in a Breaking and Entering. And it was awesome. Although, technically, there was no "breaking" involved. J came over to keep me company while I started demolition to pack and I took her down to peek in the windows of our new apartment. I knew it'd be empty, just waiting for us to move in. I didn't know we'd find the sliding glass door wide open. We couldn't resist going in and poking around for a few minutes. Why is that feeling, that fear of getting caught, so exhilarating?

In case you live under a rock, New Moon comes out in a week. A WEEK. By this time exactly seven days from now, I could have already seen it. (Insert chorus of hallelujahs here.) I don't actually plan to until Sunday, but who knows if my control will hold out that long. And I know it's much too early to start talking about Eclipse, but what could be my all-time favorite scene from the book (possibly all books) (the tent scene for those who've read it) is in Eclipse. It has fantastic dialogue and I'm both excited and nervous about seeing it brought to life in film in June. Sometimes, some things are best left to the imagination. Actually, most things are best left to the imagination.

11 13 2009 - Luke 006 - e
Luke. Post-nap. Looking for sun.

Thanks for your input on the recent litter box discussion. Aside from being helpful, I always find it interesting to hear and see what other people have come up with. I think we're leaning towards a closet as a possible location. It's going to take a bit of creativity and some hard labor, but if it works out the way I imagine it (and, sadly, most things rarely do), it's going to be spectacular! (Constructing new places for my cats to poop. This is what gets me excited.)

I bought myself a present. A new camera. I know. I'm terribly spoiled. I bought a little Nikon point-and-shoot and I got a great deal on it. (Why do I feel guilty about admitting I spent money on myself?) The fact is I don't want to carry The Beast around with me everywhere I go. I mean, I'd love to! But it's heavy and bulky and I find the thought of carrying it to work and on errands to be somewhat unrealistic and slightly frustrating. Also, I wanted something that could record video. So, maybe I'll possibly post a video here one day. Who knows. Pictures are one thing. But I can't Photoshop weird blue moles out of a video, damn it.

J used the camera to take a picture of herself flipping the bird. She's fifteen. It made me laugh. I thought about posting it but then decided it might belong with the photo of cat crap because some things just don't translate well. I mean, you wouldn't know by looking at it that she's a straight-A honor student who plays varsity soccer and just happened to be goofing off with her older sister. You might, in fact, think what the hell's wrong with you, she's fifteen! So, I sent a copy to my mom with "Thought you might like this..." in the subject line and called it a day.

10 comments:

  1. Chocolate, Wine and Words...we go together. Yum. Love the tent scene also by the way. And no, it will pale in comparison to the book, as did the entire first movie. However, I could look at Jacob all day. Edward is so ugly...to me. Hidiously minor compared to the book description. Seriously? That's the best they could do in casting? Well, that's one womans opinion. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I look forward to getting to know you Chocolate and Wine! You bring the Toblerone and I'll bring the Old Vine Zin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so proud to get that picture, too. It's one of those things that a mom wants to hang on her wall for posterity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too, am waiting anxiously for the new movie. It's going to be awesome! I'm not going the first week though, I hate having so many people in the theater.BTW, do you guys have a porch? If so there are ways of rigging it so that you can have the litter box outside but not let the cats loose. I had friends who did something of the sort in their garage. You put in one of those pet doors made for sliding glass doors. Then you build a small contained area out side using chicken wire and wood that includes the pet door. Within that you put the cat litter box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what a good post ! Sometimes I think you are in my head hehehe... and I HAVE to read the litter debate - your cat looks just like my new baby Sophie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband wants us to B & E at some abandoned houses that are near here. I'm a chicken. I picture the moment I step through the door one of two things will happen. 1. The old floor will cave in. 2. The SWAT team will arrive to arrest me. Newspaper headlines of "PTA Mom Arrested for B&E;!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot to tell you that technically, you did break in even if all you did is slide a door open that wasn't locked. I'm proud.I should add here that I just heard that Twilight has made history by having the highest advance ticket sales in movie history. More than 80% of all tickets for this weekend have been sold already. Go to Fandango and buy some tickets or you may not see it this weekend after all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, why was the sliding glass door open? Wouldn't it be something if you found squatters in your new apartment? Just kidding!!!Have fun with your new camera.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm going to see New Moon on saturday in the hopes that the rabid fans girls went thursday and friday. we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's something that's just wildly hopeful about a new place.Good on ya.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So funny, I think of you whenever I see anything re: New Moon. I am excited for you and this opening --which goes to show you how exciting my life is -- that I'm looking forward to you seeing a movie. I really need a job.

    ReplyDelete