Saturday, November 1, 2008

NaBloPoMo. Because all the cool kids are doing it.

If you didn't know that November was National Blog Posting Month, then you obviously don't spend as much time online as I do. Then again, I have no life. And I only have one friend. And my husband spends his time glued to whatever sporting event is on TV. So, what's a girl to do?

I wouldn't say I'm "participating" because usually, when I commit to anything (such as posting every day for a month), I crap out halfway through and feel like a big, fat failure. And we all know how much I dislike feeling bad about myself.

So, let's just say I'm entertaining the thought of participating and might possibly continue to entertain the thought, that is, until I skip a day.

It's November first. Halloween just ended. A pillowcase full of my sister's candy is sitting in my freezer and I'm thinking of all the big plans I have for The Holidays. And, yes, I feel it deserves a capital T and H. I am a big fan of The Holidays.

November is an important month, not just because of Thanksgiving and all the Christmas madness magic that begins to kick into full gear, but also because it's my wedding anniversary. The Husband and I will have been married for five years this November ninth. And I had the strangest thought that this is it. There's no going back after five years. We're in this for good now.

As if we weren't when we said "I do."

I have big plans for the Fifth Anniversary (again, the capital letters imply the importance of the occasion). Big surprise plans that I'd love to tell you about except for the fact that the Husband reads my blog sometimes and I don't want to spoil it.

Which leads me to some curiosity. For all you bloggers out there, I have a question. Does you spouse (or significant other) read your blog? And, if so, how often?

When I casually asked the Husband if he read mine, he nonchalantly said, "Sometimes." Maybe it's a female thing, but I thought if he had a blog (hahahahaha), I'd read it every day. I'd check for updates constantly. I'd be terribly interested in anything and everything he had to say. But him? Interested in me? Not unless I'm talking about the University of Minnesota football team. Or the Vikings. Or the Timberwolves. Or anything sports.

Did I mention the Husband was born and raised in Minnesota? He's taken me back there three times. It snowed twice. In October and April. Driving around Minnesota scares me. I'm afraid I'll accidentally veer off the road into a lake or get sucked up into a tornado or be attacked by a rabid mosquito.

The Husband, by the way, is terrified of earthquakes. But prances through the streets during tornado warnings. The psycho.

Where was I going with all this? November. Blogging everyday for a month. Anniversary. The Holidays. Who reads your blog. The Husband prances through tornadoes.

Well, whatever it was I intended for this post... Happy November.

No comments:

Post a Comment