Monday, October 13, 2008

The wind doesn't scare me so much as my expanding rear end. Send help.

We're getting some crazy weather here in Southern California and by "crazy" I mean it's a wonder I'm not picked up and body slammed against the side of the building every time I walk outside.

The Santa Ana winds are different this year. It's cold. Normally, it'd be hot and dry and miserable. Now it's cold, dry, and miserable.

Unfortunately, wind means fire and fire means it's ugly outside. More so than usual.


(My apologies for the reflections.)

The Husband and I kidnapped J and drove down to Old Town Temecula today. I wanted to hit this one candy shop and let's just say I don't think I've ever spent quite so much on candy in one transaction.


Oh, mama.

That there would be a piece of chocolate, chocolate walnut, chocolate marshmallow, strawberry cheesecake, lemon cheesecake, and pumpkin cheesecake fudge.

Now would you say I have a problem? Well, I'll have you know that J took half home with her and the other half (minus one piece that I couldn't resist) has been sealed in an air tight bag and hidden away in the freezer.

However, I also came home with all this.



You can go ahead and judge now.

We also stopped by this antique store where Hubs found two vintage signs that he bought to hang in our den. I wanted to take a picture of them, but forgot and within ten minutes of getting home, he already had them up. I missed my moment.

One of the signs says, "Everybody believes in something. I believe I will have another beer."

The other says, "Notice: the last person to leave must clean the toilets and turn off all the lights. Thank you, the Management."

Both are fitting.

Then it was lunch at Mad Madeline's Grill.


This is J. This was taken before our food arrived. She may or may not have been cranky.

All I can say about lunch is this. If I've ever had a better burger, I can't remember and don't want to remember.

I fell asleep in the car on the way home and have felt groggy ever since. It's a good thing I have these jelly beans to make me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment