Thursday, October 16, 2008

Brothers-All-Natural Fruit Crisps

I was disappointed on my last trip to Costco when I couldn’t find my potato crisps anywhere. I cried a little, right there in between the DVDs and the eight-year supply of chocolate chips. Then I picked myself up off the cold cement floor, wiped away my tears and headed for the exit.

This is when I passed the display of Brother's All Natural FRUIT CRISPS. Okay, they were kinda pricey at just over twelve bucks a box (at least, that's pricey to me), but I had wanted to try these since I had seen them featured of the side of the box of potato crisps.

Well, remember how I hadn't wanted to waste my money??? But I was glad I did??? And I fell into crispy potato love???

Yeah, that so did not happen again.

The Fuji Apple Crisps were good. Tasty. But the texture was soft, like... kind of like firm cotton candy, except less melt-on-your-tongue-y. That is probably the worst description possible, but it's all I can think of right now.

The Peach Crisps... holy crap, YUCK. The flavor was awful and the texture was rough and more chewy than their apple counterpart. I was not thrilled and, in fact, threw them out. I did not enjoy. Got that, Internet? DID NOT ENJOY. Just in case you were thinking of sending me a box.

I was really hoping these fruit crisps would be just that. Crispy. Like their potato kin. I can't help it. I like me a good crunch.


No comments:

Post a Comment