Sunday, August 16, 2015

33/52: Gate 14

Boat Canyon 2015.08.15

I started hiking back in April. Since then, I've made it a habit to go 2-3 times each week, however I am by no means an expert (just to set the record straight). A couple weeks ago, a friend and I decided to try this 8-mile "strenuous" hike in Laguna Beach. But then one of us got tired (her) and one of us was unable to finish (her) and, 5 miles into the 8 mile hike, one of us had to call an Uber (her) and, ever since then, one of us has been dying to go back and finish the damn thing (me). I finished it at 10:36 on Saturday morning. And it kicked my ass. (The 120 degree heat certainly didn't help.) (My phone tried to tell me it was only 79 degrees, but I call huge, stinky bullshit.) This gate marking where the trail started and ended was a most welcome sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment