Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My new year's resolution.

Yeah, I made one. Me, the girl who never finished anything she starts.

Except that I do. Finish things, that is. Maybe not many things, and maybe very rarely, but I do. Case in point: reading. I have committed to and completed the last two Goodreads reading challenges. Now maybe you’re thinking psshht, that’s easy! Especially for someone who reads away her every wakeful hour, but STILL. I finished them. And I’m going to finish this year’s reading challenge, too. Even though this new job keeps me busier than ever and I still go out way too often. Consider it done.

Back to my resolution, which should be called a revolution ‘cause shit’s about to change ‘round here.

Peeps, here it is. My 2013 resolution is to, get this, eat healthier and LOSE. WEIGHT.

Okay, I know what you’re thinking. (I often believe I know what you’re thinking.) I’ve been saying I’m going to lose weight for, like, ever. And do I? Obviously not. But this is it. This is for real. This is serious. And exciting. And about damn time.

Oh, I know it’s going to be hard. I’ve been here and done this and I’m no stranger to struggling with my weight. I’ve been successful in some areas (once upon a time I did get it off) and unsuccessful in others (it didn’t stay off) (obvi).

But that’s all about to change. My habits are going to change. My way of thinking is going to change. My caloric intake is definitely going to change. And for fuck’s sake, peeps, my weight is going to change. As in plummet. As in I’m not even kidding.

This means you’re all in for a real treat. Regular weight loss updates are in your future. You’re welcome.

So, who else made a resolution for the new year? Come on, tell me all about it.

3 comments:

  1. good for you! i look fwd to reading about your progress!

    no resolutions for me. i am planning a wedding and i have every intention of not getting stressed. that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a resolution per se, but I have changed my schedule to include more relax time. Less gogogogogogogo and less take care of this kid that kid the husband, less worry. This change was made possible by joining - of all things- a gym. But not just any gym. No. This gym is if not the most expensive in the area, close. But it has a sauna and awesome showers it has great babysitter service that is cheaper than babysitting, and a spa right there inside with massages and all those mystical spa things. Oh, and there are gym type things that are great too. Especially looking forward to water aerobics, even if I am the youngest one there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go.
    Try swimming.
    I resolved the same kinda thing last year, (not so much weight issues as much as some other issues), (although I could stand to lose some weight), and so, I started swimming again.
    It's been flippin' great.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete