Monday, December 3, 2012

Once more with feeling.

I believe everyone is in possession of some obsessive-compulsive tendencies. Some worse than others. Some padded cell worse than others. I'm not sure where on the severity scale mine fall, but I do know that they all seem to come out through my blog. The name, the appearance, the posts themselves. It's something that's gotten progressively worse the longer I blog.

It's the reason for all the moves, all the changes. It's the reason I quit blogging. It's the reason I decided to not quit blogging. It's the reason I decided to start over. Hence the deletion of all content. (Yes. Deleted.) It's pretty much the cause of of all my angst. Okay, not all (I have a lot), but most. I've let what was supposed to be fun completely ruin my life. (And apparently cause me to be completely over-dramatic.)

So, I'm starting over. This is post one. This is me throwing caution to the wind. This is me holding both middle fingers up in the air with a sneer to rival Johnny Cash and saying "fuck you, world!" Although I'm not sure why it calls for the double-finger salute. Or the F word. But trust me. It does.

I want to have fun blogging like I did when I first started. I want to not care if my posts are perfect (which they're not) or if people will love them (which they may or may not). I just want to have fun. (And be repetitive at will.) (And abuse parenthesis.)

This is the one and only time I'm going to talk about blogging. As soon as I hit publish, I'm letting go of all the angst. (Well, not all. I live at home with my folks after all.) I'm going to loosen up, have fun, and just write. Silly stuff. Serious stuff. Stuff about books (of which I read dirty nasty ones) and weight loss (of which I need to participate) and whatever else strikes my fancy (of which I'm not even sure what a "fancy" is).

I'm going to take my own advice and Just. Fucking. Relax. And maybe pop a Xanax to help me do so.

6 comments:

  1. Are you really going to haul me down the "I'm gonna start blogging again" road one more time? Really? I'm having trust issues, I must confess. Don't taunt me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie HarshDecember 04, 2012

    Dragging you kicking and screaming. Don't worry. It'll be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone enjoys a bowl of crazy flakes once in a while....the trick is to not have too many. So...to go along with pretending all is brand new ~ welcome to the land of blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes you just need to start fresh. And for those of us who read blogs using Google Reader.....all your posts are still there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering what you had been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loni - Honduran bakerFebruary 10, 2013

    I just rediscovered you! I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete