Thursday, March 24, 2011

Not at home. For once.



I'm in Hesperia tonight. Which is only 75 miles from home, but might as well be on the other side of the country. Here's the thing about me, peeps. I'm an O.C. girl. Most people don't travel beyond the Orange Curtain after dark. I don't travel beyond the Orange Curtain ever. Unless I have a very good reason to do so. It's not that I think Orange County is superior. Because I don't. At all. But, good Lord, traveling anywhere takes forever. Traffic is a nightmare. Doesn't matter the time or day. And I'd just rather not, thank you very much. And, well, I get lost easily which is never any fun and getting lost in Los Angeles even less so. But, here I am, in Hesperia, where it's only, like, 35 degrees (how cold does it have to be for snow?) and the wind has kicked up something fierce and I'm sharing a hotel room with my mother. (I just can't escape this woman.) Tomorrow she has business to attend to, I'll sleep in, and then we'll hit the road bound for Utah. Because I haven't seen my sister since December and that's just way too long. The end.

4 comments:

  1. oceandoggyMarch 25, 2011

    Don't drink the water.
    And don't make eye contact with the natives.
    Just helping, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister time is good for the soul....and since December was way too long. Have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try not to make eye contact with anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously. What is it about being around your sister that just kinda makes all right with the world?

    ReplyDelete