Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Winner. (And I am completely lacking in creativity today.)

I was going to try to come up with a fun, exciting way of announcing the winner, but then I decided to get back in bed and read. And, well, now there are too many things that I still need to get done today that you're going to have to settle for another random pick. So, here goes.



And the 18th comment belongs to...



Congratulations, Emily! Please e-mail me at chocolateandwhine@gmail.com to claim your gift card. Oh, and if you need some recommendations, I guarantee you'll love this one, this one, this one, and this one. You're welcome.

And, actually, I don't guarantee that you'll love it. I have intense fear every time someone I know decides to read the series. So, I hope you'll love it, but if you don't... Well, I'm just not going to entertain the possibility.

And for those of you who may be wondering what the correct answer was...

1. My husband has a tattoo of the Minnesota Vikings on his left shoulder.
True. The boy is DIE HARD. Much like his wife is TWI-HARD. (I'm sorry.)

2. He was an all-star hockey player when he was five years old.
True. He was born in Minnesota where I'm pretty sure hockey is the only thing you can do what with it snowing ALL YEAR ROUND.

3. When he was just a kid, he once took a snow mobile into a fence while going 60 miles an hour.
True. Because too many pucks to the head.

4. He is completely deaf in his right ear.
True. Just plain born that way. And one of my best friends is completely deaf in his left ear. Am I the only one who finds that odd?

5. He is poop-in-your-pants terrified of earthquakes.
True. Although I feel the need to clarify that he has never actually pooped in his pants. Thank God. The man will dance naked through a tornado, but absolutely detests earthquakes. Which is why, whenever we're sitting in traffic beneath a freeway overpass, I feel the need to say, "Gee, I hope there's not an earthquake right now." He does not find this amusing.

6. He got so drunk on his 30th birthday he puked his guts out on the side of the road as I drove him home.
True. And it was my first time spending the night. Needless to say, I slept alone in his bedroom while he spent the night on the bathroom floor. Loser.

7. He eats Little Debbie snack cakes in bed every night.
True. And I'd like a do-over so I can marry one of the people who said this had to be false because why would he choose Little Debbies over my baking. I don't get it either. He's a strange man. Or else my photos are better than my baking and I've got you all fooled.

8. He once won over a hundred thousand dollars playing the lottery.
False. Maybe a hundred dollars and a few scratchers. And that's being generous. (But I have an abnormal amount of daydreams surrounding us winning the lottery.)

9. He's been to every state in the U.S. except Alaska.
True. He gets around. In the beginning of our relationship, this fact frustrated me to no end. One of the drawbacks to being with someone so many years older. They've "been there, done that" a lot more often. I wanted to experience "firsts" with him and there weren't many to be had.

10. He's only read one book since I've known him.
True. It was Bringing Down the House by Ben Mezrich. And he's read it twice. Once I told him that the only thing in THE WORLD I wanted for Christmas was for him to read Twilight. He sat, silent with his head in his hands, for several minutes before I finally said, "Honey, relax. I'm kidding."

6 comments:

  1. Congrats to Emily! I'm with your hubs on the earthquake thing and overpasses....that would not amuse me either!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Emily! Fun facts.Little Debbie snack? I got to google that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. contacted scribegroup ijhk code several deficit awis nasal beyth isaiahs knew masimundus semikonecolori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations.Weird thing earth quakes fascinate me but maybe this is because I have never felt one.Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Emily!Your hubby sounds like an interesting guy! Too bad the one about winning the lottery was the one that was false. But then maybe he just hasn't done that yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. [...] * * Winner has been announced. Thanks for playing, [...]

    ReplyDelete