Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I wouldn't normally write about my dreams, but this one was about BLOGGERS.

Last night, I dreamt that Marchelle hosted a party for a group of bloggers. Everyone was supposed to bring something, except I didn’t read the invitation thoroughly so I arrived empty-handed and didn’t realize my mistake until people started preparing plates of food for themselves and OH MY GOD, I didn’t bring anything!

I was greeted by a nice woman wearing a big smile who asked my name and, after I replied with “Stephanie,” she looked at my curiously and I thought, oh, my blog name. I told her and she reacted as if I was a celebrity come to grace these lowly homebodies with my presence. It totally made me uncomfortable because who am I and, hello, I forgot to bring food.

I asked about her blog and then felt guilty because I clearly remembered having commented a couple of times, but hadn’t been back in months. So, apparently I’ve been neglecting everybody.

I left shortly after eating (OTHER PEOPLE’S FOOD) and don’t remember much else except that my hair was wet as if I’d taken a shower and I was rushing to attend a wedding, but I couldn’t find the freeway. Somehow I found myself back in front of Marchelle’s house, which was now located IN THE GHETTO, and found my sister’s best friend hyperventilating on the front porch surrounded by paramedics.

I wonder what it all means.

5 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! Oh, Stephanie, what does all of that mean?! And, how could you not bring one of your yummy baked goods to the party?!One time I had a dream with BOSSY in it. It also was a very strange dream! I blogged about it, too. You gotta blog about blogger dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It means you are in trouble, missy, if I wasn't one of the invited bloggers. I make a mean spinach-artichoke dip so, really, it's your own loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had blog dreams too. You have cojones for even mentioning them. I'm afraid if I so much as acknowledge that I had a blog dream then my husband will tattoo DORK on my forehead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bwhahahahahahahaha....God, you are funny! Maybe the food in your dream refers to food for thoughts, ideas, new beliefs, etc. Never mind... I don't know what I'm talking about. The ghetto thing was and is hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it means your supposed to visit the urban cowboy more often...well, it could mean that, couldn't it?

    ReplyDelete