Sunday, December 7, 2008

How many times can she say "Christmas lights" in one post?

I take a lot of pictures, always have, and I find it kind of odd that I don't have a single photo of Christmas lights from last year. I don't know. It just seems... odd. I can't wrap my brain around it. It's not like they went missing either, because, somehow, I can clearly remember just not taking any.

And, yes, I realize I'm rambling, but I can't help it. It's odd, I tell you. Odd. I love Christmas. I love Christmas lights! Why didn't I want to capture a single image of them?

This is clearly going to disturb me for a long time.

Last night, the Husband and I took a drive to find (wait for it) Christmas lights! (We haven't put ours up yet and, besides, our apartment building is pure concrete and just you try nailing them up.)

I know it's still the beginning of December, but we were disappointed by the lack of really great decorations.

The following photos are pretty terrible, but hey, I obviously have no previous experience taking pictures of Christmas lights (WHY!?) so I'm still testing my settings in this particular shitsituation. Hopefully, they'll improve by the time Christmas rolls around. Which means, lucky readers reader, that you'll get to witness my many, many attempts at photographing Christmas lights!



Before we go any further, can I just point out that there, in the bottom right corner, is the roof of a house and that tree of lights was ginormous! These same people had also strung lights on palm trees. Very tall palm trees. And, yes, they're obviously from Minnesota crazy.

I was trying some different things here, with these lights. I wasn't sure which I'd like better, the lights kind of blurred out like above or very twinkly like this one:



I think I'm leaning towards the latter. Although, there's something fun about those blurry balls of color that I keep coming back to. And, well, something almost romantic about those starry twinkles.

What do you think?

On a side note, we drove into Huntington Beach and found my dream home. I'll be moving in as soon as the current owners realize they've been wanting to move out and decide to give away their home to two very broke deserving individuals.


Boat included.

2 comments:

  1. I just love your blog. The more I read and see. Not that my approval means anything cause it don't. I was just sayin.Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, your approval means the world! I like to know that people like what they're reading and seeing here.Thank you for putting a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete