Friday, November 21, 2008

I have migraines on the brain. Ha. Get it?

Yes, it's true. I suffer from migraines. And, before you ask, yes, I know the difference between headaches and migraines thank you very much.

Luckily I don't get them often, but when I do, I'm out for the count. Just after the Husband and I moved in together, I came down with a migraine and he wanted to rush me to the emergency room. I said "Shut the fuck up and turn off the fucking lights!" Ahh. Memories.

Now, he understands them better. Take last night for example. I went to bed with my dear, old friend (a migraine, in case you missed the sarcasm) and he went to sleep on the sofa to avoid disturbing me. I woke up as I always do, after a couple hours of sleeping it off, to go wake him up and bring him to bed.

The thing about migraines is... I fear them. Whenever a special event or occasion comes up, I can't stop thinking I hope I don't get a migraine, I hope I don't get a migraine, I hope I... well, you get it.

This happened during the weeks leading up to our anniversary. I made the Husband promise we'd stay in Vegas for two nights if I got one.

Now, Thanksgiving's coming up and I'm looking forward to visiting my sister and her family in Utah so much that I still can't stop obsessing.

I'm hoping that the one I had last night, which was pretty ugly, will be it for a while. So, maybe I'm in the clear and don't need to worry about it. Or maybe I need to bring plenty of booze and start drinking early. I know they say some alcohol can trigger migraines, but has anyone heard if being drunk can prevent them?

I mean, isn't alcohol supposed to dull the pain?

No comments:

Post a Comment