Monday, October 20, 2008

Pumpkin Cakies

I'd like to start with a public service announcement.



Please, for the sake of all cookies everywhere who DESERVE to be baked just right, buy yourself an oven thermometer! I picked this one up last week for all of A DOLLAR and it was damn worth it. Probably the best thing I've ever purchased for my kitchen.

The photo above shows said beloved oven thermometer at 375, but that's after it had a minute to cool down from the oven door being open long enough for me to grab my camera because when I first opened the oven door to check the temp, it was at 400 degrees and I had set my oven to 350 and now I had to grab my camera so I could blog about the injustice of a malfunctioning oven!

So, please, get yourself an oven thermometer. Do it for the cookies. Do it for the cakes. Do it for the brownies!

Thank you. That's the end of this PSA.

Now I must share with you this amazing recipe which I think just entered into my top three favorite cookies of all time.


Hello, my darlings.

These are Pumpkin Cookies, or, as I like to call them, Pumpkin Cakies, because they're fairly cake-like. But, whatever they are, they're delicious. And I'm a tough judge. It isn't often I make something that I fall in love with. I'm too critical. I always wait to hear what others have to say about it first. But these... these I love. And maybe I'll be the only one, but I'm okay with that because MORE FOR ME.

Or maybe I'm just a sucker for anything with pumpkin.

I started with the usual suspects. Butter, sugar, and brown sugar.


This is your brain.


This is your brain on drugs.


Or is this...


Your brain...


On drugs?

(Don't do drugs.)

After the eggs and vanilla came my BFF.


I love you.

And, of course...


Mmm, cinnamon... another of my favorites.

After baking in a controlled oven temperature of 350 degrees for fifteen minutes, they came out all golden brown and lovely and smelling amazing and tasting even better.


I love my counter all covered in cookies.


Then, I took this cookie right here.

And I...


Drizzled a glaze all over the top.

And then...


Well, it had to be done.



These cakies are fantastic. Please try them immediately. No, like now. Thank you.

Go here for the full recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment