Monday, August 25, 2008

Look, Ma! Fireworks!

We normally don't stay for the fireworks display after Friday night games due to the heavy traffic and, well, The Husband gets embarrassed when I start "moo"ing as we, and thousands of strangers, try to maneuver our way down ramps and through gates.

This time, I'm glad we stayed. Don't let anyone tell you that photographing fireworks is difficult. It's not. Not at all. As long as you have the right settings.

This past Fourth of July was my first attempt. They all came out looking as sad as this one:



I was totally discouraged. Of course, it wasn't until July 5th that I read this. She made it look so easy, but then she made everything look easy. (I hate talented people.)



What an improvement! I was so incredibly happy to see how these turned out! Granted, there's a few things I'll change the next time.



A tripod is necessary. (Are those allowed in the ballpark?) These pictures were taken while I had the camera settled on my lap. You can see all the stationary objects around the fireworks are terribly blurry.



Also, I'll make it a point next time to get a better view. I thought briefly of moving seats since I knew the stadium overhang would probably get in the shot, but since I wasn't really thinking of taking the pictures at all, I waved it off. Now, after seeing how these turned out, I know better.



I think the only other thing I'd change is the aperture. An aperture of f8 was recommended, but I think f11-f14 worked better. The fireworks weren't quite so blown out.



This was a lot of fun. I can't wait to try my hand at fireworks again. In fact, I might actually encourage the Husband to get more Friday night tickets just so I have the opportunity. I doubt he'll mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment